Senior Rendering Engineer
Senior Rendering Engineer
We're making a football game
GOALS is our attempt to give football the game it deserves. A fair game, that is a reflection of football, rather than the football industry. We want to make a game that’s fun right away, without players having to invest a fortune.
It’s a game about winning, but one where victory comes in more forms than simply winning matches. Focus on trick shots, design awesome t-shirts or create an arena that inspires greatness. No two players will be on the same journey.
GOALS is for everyone, like football can and should be. It’s for the casuals and the pros. For the players, the managers and the fans. It’s for the designers, the audience and the divas. For everyone who loves the game itself or anything surrounding it. GOALS is football.
Welcome to the engineering team
Do you want to be part of creating the game football deserves? And making sure everyone can enjoy GOALS around the world? As a Senior Rendering Engineer, you will play a key part in this by developing the rendering pipeline for our multiplayer football game. You will work with a team of programmers, and collaborate closely with tech artists, artists, and designers, to ensure the visual fidelity, performance, and efficiency of the graphics rendering in our projects.
If you're passionate about pushing the boundaries of rendering technology, thrive in a collaborative environment, and relish the prospect of crafting unforgettable gaming experiences, then GOALS is the place for you. Join us in our journey to create the future of rendering technology that scales over multiple platforms.
We use Unreal Engine 5.
At GOALS, you will...
- Drive the vision for rendering our procedurally generated characters, in close collaboration with team members from all disciplines.
- Develop visually amazing functionality for our renderer, game engine, and data pipelines.
- Work closely with Technical Art and Artists to realize the vision of the Art direction.
- Create innovative workflows and pipelines that content creators use to build our game.
- Share your knowledge and expertise by mentoring fellow engineering team members, fostering growth and innovation within the team.
Ideally you have...
- 5+ years of professional experience as a render or engine programmer.
- Previously built complex rendering features for a shipped game using Unreal
- Deep understanding of math, used in more advanced lighting and shader technology.
- Good understanding of GPU shaders and shader programming languages (GLSL/HLSL, vertex/fragment/compute)
- Strong C++ and software design skills, including experience working in multithreaded and memory-constrained environments.
- Previous experience with profiling and debugging rendering code (using PIX, Razor, NVIDIA Nsight, RenderDoc or similar software)
About the Employment
The position is permanent and you can work from our Stockholm office, hybrid, or fully remote from anywhere in Europe. It is important that you are able to communicate unhindered in verbal/written English.
For this position, we do not offer relocation assistance.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth, working at GOALS has many other benefits like an occupational pension, 30 days PTO, flexible work hours, stock options, and more. Learn more here.
For this role, we would like you to include:
- LinkedIn profile, CV, or any other document that showcases your experience
- A link to your Github(if applicable)
We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t feel that you tick all the boxes. You just might be exactly what we need, even if we haven’t understood it yet. GOALS is still a young company and we change quickly. But one thing that never changes is our conviction that we need a diverse studio environment, filled with different perspectives and skills.
- Remote (within Europe), Stockholm
- Remote Work
- Optional Remote
We're making a football game. GOALS is for everyone, like football can and should be. It’s for the casuals and the pros. For the players, the managers and the fans. It’s for the designers, the audience and the divas. For everyone who loves the game itself or anything surrounding it. GOALS is football.