Senior Technical Artist
Senior Technical Artist
We're making a football game
GOALS is our attempt to give football the game it deserves. A fair game, that is a reflection of football, rather than the football industry. We want to make a game that’s fun right away, without players having to invest a fortune.
It’s a game about winning, but one where victory comes in more forms than simply winning matches. Focus on trick shots, design awesome t-shirts or create an arena that inspires greatness. No two players will be on the same journey.
GOALS is for everyone, like football can and should be. It’s for the casuals and the pros. For the players, the managers and the fans. It’s for the designers, the audience and the divas. For everyone who loves the game itself or anything surrounding it. GOALS is football.
Welcome to the art team
We are building our dream game and are looking for a Senior Technical Artist to come and join the team. We have some really fun technical challenges ahead of us and this is a unique opportunity to get a chance to experiment and push the boundaries of what can be done with procedural generation of assets for Unreal Engine.
With high demands on performance and a fun art style, this is a really exciting project for you as a technical artist to work on today and where you will be part of our passionate, very creative and ever evolving art team.
At GOALS, you will...
- Be part of a team dedicated to creating procedural character generation for Unreal Engine.
- Focus on experimentation and formulating to the engineers what needs to be built to accomplish our goals.
- Be the champion of making sure artists tools are state of the art while still keeping a keen eye on the performance of the runtime.
Ideally you have...
- 5+ years of professional experience from working with Unreal Engine.
- Experience in shader authoring and maintenance.
- Experience in analyzing and improving the rendering performance.
- Knowledge regarding art asset implementation and optimisation.
- Experience with some programming or scripting language.
About the Employment
The position is permanent and you can work from our Stockholm office, hybrid or fully remote from anywhere in Europe. It is important that you are able to communicate unhindered in verbal/written English.
For this position we do not offer relocation assistance.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth, working at GOALS has many other benefits like occupational pension, 30 days PTO, flexible work hours, stock options and more. Learn more here.
For this role we would like you to include:
- LinkedIn-profile, CV or any other document that showcase your experience
- A link to your portfolio
We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t feel that you tick all the boxes. You just might be exactly what we need, even if we haven’t understood it yet. GOALS is still a young company and we change quickly. But one thing that never changes is our conviction that we need a diverse studio environment, filled with different perspectives and skills.
- Remote (within Europe), Stockholm
- Remote Work
- Optional Remote
We're making a football game. GOALS is for everyone, like football can and should be. It’s for the casuals and the pros. For the players, the managers and the fans. It’s for the designers, the audience and the divas. For everyone who loves the game itself or anything surrounding it. GOALS is football.