Senior Technical Animator
Senior Technical Animator
We're making a football game
GOALS is our attempt to give football the game it deserves. A fair game, that is a reflection of football, rather than the football industry. We want to make a game that’s fun right away, without players having to invest a fortune.
It’s a game about winning, but one where victory comes in more forms than simply winning matches. Focus on trick shots, design awesome t-shirts or create an arena that inspires greatness. No two players will be on the same journey.
GOALS is for everyone, like football can and should be. It’s for the casuals and the pros. For the players, the managers and the fans. It’s for the designers, the audience and the divas. For everyone who loves the game itself or anything surrounding it. GOALS is football.
Welcome to the Animation Team
Are you a master of blending artistry and technical wizardry? Do you possess a deep understanding of character animation pipelines and the intricacies of bringing games to life? If you're passionate about pushing the boundaries of animation and creating seamless, visually stunning gameplay, we invite you to join us at GOALS as a Senior Technical Animator!
As a Senior Technical Animator, you'll combine your artistic eye with technical expertise to bridge the gap between art and programming. You'll collaborate closely with animators, artists, and engineers to ensure our characters move and behave realistically in the game. Your innovative solutions and dedication to excellence will be instrumental in shaping the player experience of GOALS.
At GOALS, you will...
- Collaborate with animators, tech animators, character artists and tools programmers to develop animation rigs and pipelines for characters and props.
- Implement characters in Unreal Engine 5 including cloth, physics and blueprint setups.
- Create tools for artists and animators using MEL/ Python.
- Work closely with animators to develop efficient and user-friendly animation rigs in Maya and/or MotionBuilder.
- Design and implement pipeline procedures to achieve high visual quality and performance.
Ideally you have...
- Experience making tools and supporting processes to aid the asset pipeline.
- Proven technical animation experience in the gaming industry with a focus on rigging, cloth, hair, character asset implementation.
- Experience with motion capture systems.
- Ability to clearly provide technical feedback to tasks, rigs, toolsets, etc.
Bonus if you have prior experience with modular and/or procedural character generation systems.
About the Employment
The position is permanent and you can work from our Stockholm office, hybrid or fully remote from anywhere in Europe. It is important that you are able to communicate unhindered in verbal/written English.
For this position we do not offer relocation assistance.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth, working at GOALS has many other benefits like occupational pension, 30 days PTO, flexible work hours, stock options and more. Learn more here.
For this role we would like you to include:
- LinkedIn-profile, CV or any other document that showcase your experience
- A link to your portfolio
We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t feel that you tick all the boxes. You just might be exactly what we need, even if we haven’t understood it yet. GOALS is still a young company and we change quickly. But one thing that never changes is our conviction that we need a diverse studio environment, filled with different perspectives and skills.
- Remote (within Europe), Stockholm
- Remote Work
- Optional Remote
We're making a football game. GOALS is for everyone, like football can and should be. It’s for the casuals and the pros. For the players, the managers and the fans. It’s for the designers, the audience and the divas. For everyone who loves the game itself or anything surrounding it. GOALS is football.