Sales development representative - EMEA
Fraud & AML transaction monitoring for fintechs
Sales development representative - EMEA
About the role
As an SDR at Flagright, you will take ownership of figuring out sales acquisition channels, breaking into new accounts, and fostering relationships with multiple contacts within our target customer segments. You will be responsible for understanding the best strategies to generate traction, conducting market research to identify new potential customers and leads, and qualifying these leads by learning about their approach to AML compliance & fraud.
This is a remote position, so you will need to be self-motivated and able to work independently. At Flagright, we offer exciting career growth opportunities for motivated individuals who are looking to take the next step in their careers. If you are highly driven, enthusiastic, and looking for an exciting opportunity to join an early-stage startup, we want to hear from you. Apply now and take the first step in your career at Flagright.
🛠 You will
- Drive Flagright’s growth through outbound prospecting efforts and market research. Generate sales opportunities that will turn into closed business.
- Build a pipeline of consistent and qualified leads in your assigned territory. Achieve monthly quotas of demos completed and fully qualified opportunities.
- Experiment across tactics and strategies to nail down the most impactful channels to generate leads and close deals.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer problems in qualification calls and act as their champion to map problems to solutions throughout the sales lifecycle.
- Participate local fintech events and marketing opportunities to build brand recognition and market trust in Flagright products.
- Build a strong relationship with each your qualified leads and existing accounts.
- Generate email sequences, make cold-calls to develop sales opportunities.
🙌 Your profile
- Detail-oriented and familiar with a sales process. You work smart, not only hard.
- Excellent written communication skills, experience in writing effective cold-outreach emails & messages.
- At least 1 year full-time experience in a sales or business development role, internships count. Track record of strong performance in your past role(s).
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal abilities. You are persuasive and creative. You are comfortable initiating conversations with people you don’t know who are executives at financial institutions.
- Creativity and commercial awareness. A team player with a customer-focused approach.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ownership over your work. You’re a self-starter who takes accountability, with a strong ability to anticipate problems and implement effective solutions fast!
💯 Preferred Qualifications
- Understanding of financial crime prevention landscape & financial crime terminology.
- Familiarity with SaaS company operations and fast-growing startups is a strong plus.
- Experience at prospecting and the tools needed to be successful such as Hubspot, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, Outreach, or other tools of your choice.
- Willingness to grow into an Account Executive, learn the product inside out, close and own deals.
- Existing relationships with various fintechs in the applicable region(s).
- Equity from day 1 at a YC company.
- Do something meaningful; help stop human trafficking, money laundering, terrorism financing.
- Work alongside a highly competent, top-tier team (Y Combinator, ex AWS, Twilio, Palantir).
- Great career development opportunities in a fast-growing early stage startup.
- Low-bureaucracy, minimal meetings, async communications culture, international culture, flat organization.
⚠️ Before you apply
- We do not recommend you to apply if you aren't interested in pushing yourself and grow very fast. We maintain an extremely high bar for all of our team members. We do performance evaluations honestly & fairly, not kindly.
❣️ How to apply
- Send an email to baran[at]flagright.com
- Record a short video introducing yourself like you would in a cold outbound message.
- Feel free to add a flair.
Flagright helps businesses stop financial crime with an all-in-one platform for AML compliance & fraud use cases. Our developer-friendly API enables customers to set up their infrastructure in just 4 days. We are a Y Combinator company based in Berlin, Germany, serving customers from 6 continents.
Financial institutions face significant financial crime risks, including money laundering and fraud. These risks can not only result in financial losses and reputational damage for the businesses, but also harm consumers and society as a whole. Consumers may lose their savings if their accounts are used for money laundering purposes, and society may suffer from the negative impacts of terrorist financing and other illegal activities. We believe in enabling businesses with a fast, easy, and affordable security infrastructure.